Musculoskeletal (MSK) physiotherapy options:
1) When should I see a GP or GP Advanced physiotherapy practitioner (GPAPP) in my GP Surgery?
- If you are not sure that the problem is MSK, or that physiotherapy rehabilitation is the right treatment option for you, or you would like an assessment and to discuss your treatment options
- If you feel your referral to MSK out patients is urgent
- If you are experiencing any of the symptoms below you must contact your GP surgery or NHS111
Ø Bowel/bladder problems
Ø Reduced or altered sensation in your groin, genitals or back passage area
Ø Weakness in both legs
Ø Unexplained weight loss
Ø Blurred vision
Ø Swallowing problems
Ø Speech impairment
Ø History of cancer
2) When should I self refer to MSK out patients physiotherapy
- If your referral is routine and you are over 16
- You have ONE MSK condition /area you would like assessed.
- You can attend the out patient clinic
If your problem is urgent, severe or getting worse then you should call NHS 111 or contact your GP practice.