Welcome to St Triduana's Medical Practice
We remain available for both routine and urgent care during the COVID19 pandemic. However, we have had to make some changes to the way we provide services to protect patients and staff:
- If you are concerned you may have symptoms of COVID19 (Fever, New Persistent Cough, Shortness of Breath or Loss of Taste or Smell), please do NOT call the practice. Please book a test via https://www.nhsinform.scot/. If you feel very unwell, call NHS24 on 111.
- All our appointments are now by telephone initially, and patients will be seen subsequently at the practice only if required. Please phone our patient advisors on 0131 657 3341 to book a telephone appointment; we have morning or afternoon appointments but cannot give you an exact time. Most things can wait for the next available routine slot, however, if you feel your problem is very urgent please let the advisor know. The advisor will ask for a brief description of your problem to allow them to best deal with it, thank you for providing this. We are not accepting bookings online or at the reception desk, so please call us instead.
- Please DO NOT come to the practice unless we have asked you to come. We are only seeing patients face to face if necessary for an examination or nursing procedure.
- Please DO NOT come to the Surgery with requests for repeat medication. Requests can be made via online "Patient Access" website or app, submitting a request to a local pharmacy or putting your request in our letterbox outside. Please DO NOT come to the surgery to collect prescriptions either. Please indicate with your request which chemist you use, and we would be happy to send it there for you to collect.
- Please wear a Face Covering over your nose and mouth if you have been asked to attend the practice.
Please be aware that COVID symptoms are similar to what you can get for other illnesses. Follow the link below to recognise what are COVID related symptoms.
The Winter Vaccination Programme will start in September 2021.
You can find out if you’re in a priority group eligible for a flu vaccine on NHS inform
You will not get your vaccine at your GP surgery
The appointment will be for flu with Covid booster dose where possible. The major delivery site for Edinburgh is the Lowland Hall (highland showground), running 7 days and augmented by local clinics. Patients over 70 years will receive a letter this week giving them an appointment.
Please don’t phone the practice as we don’t have any additional information for the moment.
Please keep an eye on our website or NHS inform