Sick/Fit Note Certificates

Self Certification Sick/Fit Note for less than 7 days

If you have been ill for 7 days or less you DO NOT need to see a Doctor. You can complete a Self-Certification form yourself.

Many employers have their own self-certification forms. If your employer doesn’t have its own form you can download the Self Certification Form below. Please print it, fill it in and hand it in to your employer. You DO NOT need to see a Doctor.

If you have been ill for more than 7 days and wish to request your first Fit Note, please call us to make a telephone appointment with a doctor to discuss it.

If you wish to request an extension to a Fit Note that we have issued before, please click on the link to submit an online request.  We will only call you if we wish to discuss this, otherwise if you don't hear from us, you can assume it has been completed and we will post the form to your home address.



Doctor’s Sick/Fit Note for more than 7 days

If you have been ill for more than 7 days you will need a doctor’s certificate. These certificates are called ‘Fitness to Work’ Certificates.

You will need to consult with a doctor to obtain your first certificate (unless you have been seen elsewhere in the NHS)

If you have already been seen by your Doctor about this illness you can request a continuation sick note using the form on this page.

You may be contacted by the doctor or your certificate will be sent to you in the post within a week.